|| The following are ideas for
projects in Santa Teresa Park. This is a wishlist for future
discussion, not a formal proposal.
- Old barn at the BGJ Ranch
- Restore the kitchen at the BGJ Ranch house.
- Pyzak Ranch house
- Pyzak/Bonetti Ranch out-buildings
- Pedro Bernal/Bonetti House
- Rosetto House
- Club 14E site
- Buck Norred Ranch Buildings
- Ranch house
- Honeymoon cottage
- Old barn behind the MRU
- Old barn on the hill
- Storage building
- Metal-roofed pavilion
- "Doors House"
- Corral in the Pueblo Area
- Old barn on the Fortini Trail
New Trails, Trail Modifications
- Designate a Bay Area Ridge Trail route from Coyote Peak to
the Ohlone Trail at the archery range.
- Coyote-Alamitos Canal
- Joice Trail to Santa Teresa Spring
- Santa Teresa Spring to the Bonnetti Ranch
- Norred Ranch to Bernal Road
- Archery range to Santa Teresa Blvd (outside the park)
- BGJ Ranch to Cottle Road (outside the park)
- The Norred Trail down to the Bonetti Ranch.
- The Norred Trail up to the Bernal Hill Loop Trail by the
- Big Oak Valley (the Rocky Ridge Trail to the Coyote Peak
- Old Bernal Road (maintain as official trail)
- Service road above the golf course and archery range, loop
down to the Ohlone Trail near the archery range.
- Trench Hill to the Pueblo Area
- Continue the Bernal Hill Loop Trail to Bernal Road near the
Pueblo Area entrance.
- Switchback the bottom of the Joice Trail
- Extend the Nature Trail to the Hidden Springs Trail.
- Loop the Nature Trail back on the other side of the ravine.
- Trail using the fire break from the Hidden Springs Trail to
the corral at the Pueblo Area.
- See the trailsides with native wildflowers.
- Improve the tread on the Pueblo Trail for cross-country
- Bridge or rock-filled culvert on the creek crossing the
- Lagatutta property on Rocky Ridge
- Ranch roads in the hills behind IBM's Silicon Valley Lab on
- Trail from the Coyote Peak Trail to the Lightfoot Stables
- Trails on the PG&E and ranch service roads high up on
the Santa Teresa Hills to
- Viewing tubes, landmark guide on Coyote Peak
- Historical plaque on the Battle of Santa Teresa
- Plaque on the history of the Buck Norred Ranch
- Fix, update the signs on the Nature Trail
- Plaque at the marl mine site on the Mine Trail
- Plaque at the Rancho San Vicente site on the Fortini Trail
- Signs on the geology of the hills
- Signs with pictures of wildflowers on Bernal Hill
- Interpretive signs at the Bear Tree Lot on the Rancho Santa
- Reconstruct adobe buildings at the Bear Tree Lot
- Livestock at the BGJ Ranch Old Barn
- Longer hours, after-school programs, more multi-cultural
events at the BGJ Ranch.
- New developments at the Pyzak/Bonetti Ranch:
- Nature museum
- Gift shop (like New Almaden)
- Community meeting room
- Place for FOSTP HQ.
- Repair/replace fence arond the Bonetti Ranch on San Ignacio.
- Widen Curie Drive, add bike lane and walking path along
- Remove decrepit structures on the Bonetti and Pyzak ranches.
- Remove old barbed wire fences next to trails.
- Fix/replace the picnic tables at the Stile/Fortini trail
- Complete the split rail fencing on Manila Drive.
- Install security cameras by Santa Teresa Spring.
- Restroom, drinking fountain on Coyote Peak.
- Restroom, drinking fountain at the Stile/Fortini trail
- Limited-time parking at the Bear Tree Lot.
- Signs outside the park pointing to the BGJ Ranch.
- Sign on Manila Drive and Manila Way pointing to the
Created 10/05/07, updated 11/21/09 by Ronald