- Attendees: Mike Boulland, Ronald Horii, Kitty Monahan, Rick
Leonard, Mario Blaum, John Patterson
- The following slate of FOSTP officers of the corporation
were approved unanimously:
- President: Mike Boulland.
- Vice President/County Parks Rep.: Kitty Monahan
- Secretary/Webmaster: Ronald Horii
- Treasurer: Holly Davis
- Directors of the Board (in addition to officers)
- Events - Mario Blaum
- Archives - Dorothy Wuss
- Interpretive Events - Rick Leonard
- Honorary member of the board - Paul Bernal
- Advisory member - Hazen Anderson
- Park Liaisons: Ken Silveira, Robin Schaut, John Heenan, John
- Ranger report (John Patterson)
- Maintenance for Santa Teresa is still out of Calero and probably
will not change.
- The Hellyer rangers patrol Santa Teresa.
- Chris Orr left to work for the city of Gilroy.
- Henry Teixeira is the maintenance lead at Calero. Maintenance
also takes care of Casa Grande and Joice Bernal.
- One maintenance person will be assigned to each area.
- Trail grading - bids went out and should be awarded soon.
They will be doing corrective work. They will maintain water bars, adjust
the trail slope, and fill in deep ruts.
- The Coyote Peak Trail has been repaired all the way to the
tower. American Towers paid for it. The tower maintenance people will be using
the Countryview Drive entrance to get to the peak. The tower company will
maintain the road from Countryview to the peak. The Parks Dept. will maintain
the road from the Pueblo area to the peak.
- June 22 will be the Joice Bernal dedication.
- Pressure has been fixed in the restrooms at the Joice Bernal
Ranch by the parks project crew.
- They want to do some work at the Ranch - along the retaining
wall, put pre-emergent, cover with chips, trim along the sidewalk, get the
the mud back so it won't spill over the wall.
- The Buck Norred Ranch is under construction. It will be a
state-of-the-art facility for the mounted ranger's unit. A 12" water pipe
has been installed for the fire hydrant. They will get a camp host.
- They are starting renovation at the Rosetto Ranch. They will
be putting someone in it.
- We talked about the need for a trail from Joice-Bernal to
Norred. It could go over the hillside above the Coyote-Alamitos Canal to avoid
coming too close to the houses below..
- There's a trails program. The trails lead is responsible
for grading and signage. Greg Bringleson is the trail lead. Kelly Gibson
is also on trails.
- March 9: wildflower walk from 9-12, meet at Pueblo Area.
- March 15-16: Earth Core will be painting the outside of the
Buck Norred buildings. The community can help.
- April 18: County Parks Volunteers dinner 6-9 pm, Santa Teresa
upper clubhouse. FOSTP is sponsoring. The parks staff will do the decorating.
Almaden Quicksilver, Chitactac Adams, and Mt Madonna parks will handle the
entertainment. They will do skits on the history of Santa Clara County Parks.
Ron Horii will do a computer slide show on the park.
- April 25: Mike will give a presentation to the Argonauts
at the 1st Congregational Church are Leigh & Hamilton. 6:30 setup, 7:00
- April 27: Joice-Bernal work day.
- May 4: Mike will lead the Argonauts on a Bernal History Walk
at 9:30 am to 2:00 pm, starting at Baldwin School.
- June 22: Bernal/Joice/Gulnac Ranch dedication.
- Volunteer hours:
- Mario Blaum: 10
- Ron Horii: 20
- Kitty Monahan: 3
- Mike Boulland: 20
- Rick Leonard: 5
- Ned Steiner: 364 hours for building at chicken coop at the
- Joice-Bernal Ranch (Mike)
- Battens have been installed on the Joice-Bernal barn, which
should protect the exhibits inside.
- Robin Schaut wants horse-drawn implements at the ranch.
- They will put picnic tables by the bus turnout.
- Furniture is being moved into the house.
- They are reviewing the interpretive signs. They will be meeting
at 3/12 at 3 pm the site.
- Electricity to the barn is coming.
- John Dorrance is working on the raised gardens.
- John wants to bring down the old farm implements from the
collapsed barn along the Joice Trail.
- Account balance: $1157.53
- Ron Horii showed a first cut of the computer slide show that
he will show at the VCC Recognition Dinner.
- We will have our next meeting on April 4th.
Secretary, Friends of Santa Teresa Park
Return to the Friends of Santa Teresa Park