Friends of Santa Teresa Park Meeting Minutes for 2/7/02
- Attendees: Mike Boulland, Ronald Horii, Kitty Monahan, Rick Leonard,
Mario Blaum, John Dorrance, Ken Silveira, Holly Davis
- Ranger report
- Maintenance for Santa Teresa is still out of Calero and probably will
- Chris Orr is leaving.
- Rick said there were deep tracks at Old Bernal Road.
- Holly said that there were off-road vehicles going behind her house
(near Buck Norred's).
- The city put "no parking" signs at the park entrance at Heaton Moor
- Ron said the Hidden Springs/Coyote Peak Trail was closed for repair.
- Ron said the service road leading up to the Coyote Peak/Ohlone Trail
behind the driving range was gated off.
- Feb. 16: Star walk 6-9 pm.
- March 10: wildflower walk.
- March 15-16: Earth Core will be painting the outside of the Buck
Norred buildings. The community can help.
- April 18: County Parks Volunteers dinner 6-9 pm, Santa Teresa upper
clubhouse. (No April FOSTP meeting.) FOSTP is sponsoring. The parks staff
will do the decorating. Almaden Quicksilver, Chitactac Adams, and Mt Madonna
parks will handle the entertainment. They will do skits on the history of
Santa Clara County Parks.
- April 25: Mike will give a presentation to the Argonauts at the 1st
Congregational Church are Leigh & Hamilton. 6:30 setup, 7:00 presentation.
- May 4: Mike will lead the Argonauts on a Bernal History Walk at 9:30
am to 2:00 pm, starting at Baldwin School.
- Volunteer hours (multiply times 3 for November - January):
- Mario Blaum: 10/month
- Ron Horii: 12/month
- Kitty Monahan: 3/month
- Mike Boulland: 10/month
- Rick Leonard: 8/month
- Holly Davis: 12/month
- Interpretive Report on the Joice-Bernal Ranch - John Dorrance:
- Battens are being put up on the walls in the barn to protect the exhibits.
- The chicken coop was put up in front of the Joice Bernal ranch house.
- Rototilling was done around the farmhouse for heritage gardens. They'll
be putting in a sprinkler system with timer.
- Yvette Goldman, who is with 4H, will manage 3/4 of the garden and
will donate the food to charity. The other 1/4 of the garden will be used
for educational purposes.
- John will be at the ranch site from 9:30 to dusk with the Boy Scouts.
He wants to bring down the old farm machinery that is higher up on the Joice
Trail and put it on display in the barn. He can use volunteers to help from
- He wants to take out the small palm in front of the ranch house because
of the danger from its sharp fronds.
- Robin is working on the interpretive signs. She has the final draft
copies. Most of the pictures are done.
- Opening day for the ranch will be in May.
- Account balance: $1157.53
- The current FOSTP officers were renominated. The March meeting will
be a general meeting and we will nominate and elect officers. Current officers:
- President: Mike Boulland.
- Vice President: Kitty Monahan
- Secretary: Ronald Horii
- Treasurer: Holly Davis
- Steve Crockett: events
Secretary, Friends of Santa Teresa Park
Return to the Friends of Santa Teresa Park
Created 2/18/2002 by Ronald Horii,
secretary of the Friends of Santa Teresa Park