Friends of Santa Teresa Park Meeting Minutes for 11/7/02
- Attendees: Mike Boulland, Ronald Horii, Rick Leonard, Mario Blaum,
Bruce Pickett, Hazen Anderson, Don Schwartzrock, Jim Kern
- Mike was having E-mail problems and couldn't get the meeting notice
- Hazen brought two of his neighbors from the Uvas area, Don and Jim.
They were interested in starting a neighborhood action group for the Uvas
Canyon area, which is near Uvas Canyon County Park. We talked about our group,
neighborhood groups in general, 5013c requirements, and starting a park volunteer
group for Uvas Canyon Park.
- 5013c can be done if the organization is historically-related and
is serving the greater community. UNSCC will be holding the 5013c for us.
If you do a 5013c, you need to pay for an accounting.
- Trails (Mario)
- The Coyote Peak Trail looks good.
- The bridge is out at the archery range.
- 10/26 Ghost Walk: Mike couldn't get the van. He started at 10:30 and
ended at 5:00. Next time, he wants to get a van. He wants to go through the
- No one is in yet at the Bonetti/Pedro Bernal House across from Bernal
School. We would prfer to have a ranger there who is willing to spend some
extra time looking after the park.
- John Dorrance has an intern to help with developing programs.
- The drinking fountain is in at the BGJ Ranch.
- Mike took a class of 34 kids to the BGJ Ranch. John Dorrance talked
to them. The kids loved it.
- Future Trails:
- Buck Norred to BGJ.
- Lightfoot Trail: concerns are road crossing and spotted butterfly
- Volunteer hours:
- Mike Boulland: 25
- Ron Horii: 10
- Rick Leonard: 15
- Mario Blaum: 10
- Parks Commission
- The county is still in negotiations over the Pyzak property. Pyzak
started moving out. The Pyzak house has been in the park's master plan.
- County Parks Volunteer Barbecue/Social at 11:00 am, New Almaden Community
Center. RSVP to Chris Crockett at (408) 846-5761.
- Stairway to Heaven Hike, Saturday December 7. 6:30-9:30 pm, meet in
front of the BGJ Ranch house. Reservations required.. Call (408) 226-5453.
- January FOSTP meeting on Thursday Jan. 2 will be at Mike Boulland's
house for dinner at 6:00 pm.
- The Fantasy
of Lights will be held at Vasona Lake County Park from Nov. 20 to Dec.
31. They can use volunteers. Though we didn't decide to participate
as a group, individuals can volunteer to help.
Secretary, Friends of Santa Teresa Park
Return to the Friends of Santa Teresa Park
Created 12/2/2002 by Ronald Horii,
secretary of the Friends of Santa Teresa Park