Friends of Santa Teresa Park Meeting, 10/06/11
Return to the Friends of Santa Teresa Park
- Attendees: Sam Drake, Ed
Jackson, Woody Collins, Maureen Kluska, Kitty Monahan, Mike Boulland,
Mario Blaum, Ronald Horii.
- Maureen said we had 53.3
volunteer hours last month, 579.7 for the year.
- Our bank balance was $637.70.
Our expenses were $362.75.
- The fence on Curie was fixed.
- The Pedro Bernal House is up for
- Dan Hill is the new head of
maintenance at Calero. He took Drew Merry's place.
- Kitty and Mike took Gloria
Gill's event leads class. Brian Shively and Roy Ichinaga also took it.
They are certified to lead events. They had first aid training. Don
Rocha talked about plants.
- John George is back at work in
the volunteer program after surgery.
- Mike talked to Sr. Ranger Aniko
- She said the trails have been
- Kids have been meeting at
Santa Teresa Spring on Friday nights after football games.
- She wants the gate at
Joice-Bernal open 4 days a week. John Dorrance can open the gate, and
the rangers can close it.
- Movie Night at the Pueblo Area
was a success. She wants to do it again.
- Mike needs to do more work on
the Coyote Peak interpretive sign.
- Ron had a photography display at
the Santa Teresa Library. He moved it to Moonbeams Coffee shop across
- At the Santa Teresa Golf Club,
Jim McGrath has moved up in the corporation. The golf course has a new
- The UNSCC conference is this
weekend. There are classes that we need to take to satisfy the CAP
Grant. Mike and Ron are going.
- November 5 is the REI/BART Trail
Day on the Stile Ranch/Fortini Trails. They are also working at Alum
- 10/22 is the opening of new
trails at Sierra Vista Open Space Preserve. There are 6 miles of new
- The County Parks are building
trails at Harvey Bear, Sanborn, and Calero.
- Membership: we need to solidify
who our members are. We have 63 members, active and non-active.
- Ed said there are night
activities at the spring. The sheriffs have been responding. There has
been graffiti by Bernal Road on the retaining wall, by the pond, and
near the Joice Ranch.
- They old barn will be restored.
Will there be an event for the re-opening?
- October 15 is the Rancho San
- October 8 is Pioneer Day at
Almaden Quicksilver, dedicating the outdoor museum, from 11-2 pm,
parking at the Hacienda.
Created 11/1/11 by Ronald
Horii, secretary of the Friends of Santa Teresa Park