Friends of Santa Teresa Park Meeting, 6/2/11
Created 7/26/11 by Ron Horii
- Attendees: Visitors Lawrence
Keyte and Rob Frederickson. Regular members Maureen Kluska, Mike
Boulland, Kitty Monahan, Woody Collins, Sam Drake, Ron Horii
- Account balance: $396.62
- Ron showed pictures of the
Pre-Mother's Day hike at the Stile Ranch/Fortini trails, emergency
vehicles on the Mine Trail treating a sick hiker, pictures of
wildflowers on the Rocky Ridge Trail, a message that someone wrote on
the hills above Cottle Road, the Norred Trail, a benefit race and
obstacle course at the Pueblo Area, the Calero Master Plan open house
at the Golf Course Upper Clubhouse.
- Mike sent the end of year tax
filing to the California State Attorney General. It is a state
- CAP Grant
- We appealed the CAP Grant and
- Mike signed the MOU for the
- The UNSCC membership fee of
$200 is due July 1.
- Yahoo website fees are $162.
We asked for $156.
- We spent $60 for paper and ink
- Maintenance supervisor Drew Merry is moving to Anderson.
Dan Hill is coming in.
- Sr. Ranger Aniko Millan requested that Hellyer maintenance
take over Santa Teresa. The Hellyer rangers currently patrol Santa
Teresa. Calero maintenance currently maintains Santa Teresa, Almaden
Quicksilver, and Rancho San Vicente.
- The old barn reconstruction date has been pushed back. It
is currently on hold.
- The Parks Dept. will inventory all the buildings in the
parks and prioritize them for preservation/restoration. We're concerned
about how they prioritize the Pyzak House.
- Basim Jaber will give a talk on the Almaden Air Force
Station on Mt. Umunhum at the Santa Teresa Library on June 16 at 6:00
pm. He will show pictures of the old Air Force buildings on top of the
- Mike didn't have time to submit the design for the Coyote
Peak interpretive sign in time to implement it this year. He wants to
get a statement from the Muwekma's.
- Newsletter: Mike has an article about the beginning of
FOSTP. Maureen will write about our wildflower presentation at the
library. Kitty will write about Adopt-a-Trail.
- We talked about plans for cattle grazing at Santa Teresa.
Cattle grazing needs to be properly managed. Cattle caused damage to
trails at Grant and Coyote. Don Rocha got the cattle off of Ed Levin
before they could cause damage. Cattle will be at the Rocky Ridge area
in Santa Teresa.
- The Gilroy Hot Springs tour will be on Juily 31. The tour
will be 3 hours. We'll have a picnic. They have 2 picnic tables. We can
soak in hot tubs for $50 if we help with the setup and teardown.
- Festival in the Park will have 2 Friends of Parks booth
next to each other.
- Our next meeting will be August 4. There will be no meeting
- The 6/12 geocaching class at Santa Teresa has been
cancelled. There will be a class on 8/16 at Almaden Quicksilver.
Return to the Friends of Santa Teresa Park
Created 5/24/11 by Ronald
Horii, secretary of the Friends of Santa Teresa Park