Return to the Friends of Santa Teresa Park
- We were expecting San Jose District 2 City
Councilmember Sergio Jimenez and his legal advisor Helen Chapman to
come, but they were unable to come due to schedule conflicts.
meeting room, the upper banquet facility at the Santa Teresa Golf
Course, is being turned into a restaurant. It may affect our ability to
Mike Boulland, Kitty Monahan, Greg & Roxanne Koopman, Ron
Horii, Kim Gardner, 6 visitors: Marilyn August, Karen Parsons, Lisa Dearborn, Lisa Amato, Kurt & Greg Hoselhorst.
- One of the visitors said her son was hit by a car on Curie on the way to Bernal School.
- We talked about the Santa Teresa Historic Site Plan and plans to widen Curie Drive from the Bear Tree Lot to San Ignacio.
Night Out is August 1. We will be holding it at the Bernal Ranch. We
need to get 7-10 people to help out. We'll try to get police, sheriffs,
and rangers to come and meet the public.
- Fandango is August 5 at the Bernal Ranch. 7 volunteers are needed to help out with it.
- Trailhead Cyclery Demo Days starts in Santa Teresa Park this weekend. It last for 3 days, starting Friday.
- Checking account balance: $1565.15.
- CAP 29 report accepted, 2016 closed.
- Parks Vision Survey: vote for favorite park, submit comments.
showed pictures: He made a slideshow of scenic shots to show
before the meeting. It included wildflowers, wildlife, the Coyote Peak
sign, views from Coyote Peak and other vistas in the park. He showed a
slideshow of FOSTP projects over the years, intended to show to
Councilmember Jimenez. During discussions of the subjects, Ron showed
pictures of Curie Drive, the Pyzak Ranch, the Manila Drive-to-Manila
Way Trail, and Santa Teresa Spring.